Liberty's Kitchen at the ReFresh Project
Liberty’s Kitchen expanded in 2014 with its move to the ReFresh Project. With the benefit of a new 10,000 square foot facility in the ReFresh Project, Liberty’s Kitchen is poised to significantly scale its efforts to improve the lives of vulnerable New Orleans youth. The ReFresh expansion offers both the internal capacity and the community collaborations to dramatically increase the number of youth empowered to create healthy futures.
Our exciting expansion at the ReFresh Project includes:
- An expanded café, the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Veranda, the Emeril Lagasse Foundation Teaching Kitchen, and the Davas Family Dining Room named for our founder Janet Davas
- A production partnership with Whole Foods Market, our partner tenant in the ReFresh Project, to grow our social enterprise
- Enhanced classroom space for our training program
- Office space to accommodate our growing program
The ReFresh Project is a collaborative development and community health hub. ReFresh tenant partners work together to achieve a greater collective health impact in our community, providing access to healthy food, services to promote personal wellness and healthy lifestyles, education and training, and economic revitalization of the Broad Street corridor. In addition to Liberty’s Kitchen, the ReFresh Project houses a group of mission-aligned partners, including:
- Whole Foods Market – one of four new urban stores providing access to fresh, quality food in underserved markets across the country,
- Tulane University’s Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine – a first-of-its kind program helping doctors, medical school students, and community members at large learn about nutrition as a means to better health,
- Broad Community Connections – our neighborhood development organization,
- Boys Town – an integrated continuum of care provider helping at-risk youth realize their potential,
- ReFresh Community Farm – a community garden teaching project, and
- Crescent City Community Land Trust – a resident-led organization developing high quality and affordable residential, commercial, and mixed use properties,FirstLine Schools – a charter network operating five local charter schools including Edible Schoolyard of New Orleans.
Read More about the ReFresh Project
Sponsor Liberty's Kitchen at the ReFresh Project
Naming Opportunities are available in the following areas for the new Liberty’s Kitchen at the ReFresh Project:
Main Dining Room
Private Dining Room
Commercial Teaching Kitchens
Staff/Student Support Areas
For more information on sponsoring Liberty’s Kitchen at the ReFresh Project, including Naming Opportunities, contact our Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.