News From the Kitchen
Keith Gardner, author of I Never Would Have Made it Without You, was back at Liberty’s Kitchen today to speak with our trainees and staff. He survived a seemingly-fatal injury, and now he shares the inspirational thoughts that pushed him through difficult times in his life. Here are a few of Keith’s points:
- Be grateful and don’t take anything for granted.
- Don’t be ashamed to ask other people for help.
- Dedication, determination, and willpower; it’s all up to you. If people are negative about your abilities, use that as motivation.
- Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and check yourself. Make a change for the better. We’ve all made mistakes, but we can also make a change.
- Surround yourself with good people and treat people right.
Keith’s visit was full of positive vibes and motivation for self-empowerment. Hopefully, everyone heard something that they could relate to and keep in mind as they work towards their goals. Inspirational stories like Keith’s prove that anything is possible. That’s something we truly believe at Liberty’s Kitchen.
-Posted by Miriam Teller, Development Intern