We are deeply grateful to our volunteers for their hard and dedicated work in support of our mission-driven activities. Volunteers provide invaluable support to Liberty’s Kitchen with special events, benefits, administrative support and serving on strategic committees. Volunteers also work with our program participants through training and mentoring, being a guest speaker, or sharing expertise or life experience. And, we can always use an extra pair of hands on our serving lines at schools served by our School Nutrition Program.
Please help us make a difference. A few hours a week can make a tremendous difference!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- School Meal Service – come work alongside our School Nutrition team on the serving line at our partner charter schools!
- Administrative Assistance – we can always use help with basic office needs. Whether it be filing, research, updating our various databases, your assistance is invaluable.
- Be a Guest Speaker – you don’t have to be a chef to be a guest speaker or mentor at Liberty’s Kitchen. While culinary professionals are always welcome, professionals from all fields are encouraged to come and share your experiences with our students.
- Assist with a special event – we are always serving our delicious food at catering and special events, and at our annual fundraiser.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER AT LIBERTY’S KITCHEN
To volunteer please email Nadia Laher at email@example.com and include the following information in your email:
- Phone Number
- What specific Opportunities Interest You
- Relevant Skills You Have
Are you interested in interning with Liberty’s Kitchen? We have a number of unpaid internship opportunities available throughout the year and can develop the role to correlate with your area of interest. Length of internships varies depending on mutual arrangement. If you are in college, check with your school about receiving academic credit and/or a stipend for your internship.