With some of us at Liberty’s Kitchen trying to shed the holiday pounds and get in shape for the summer, Chef Tasheena’s roasted brussels sprouts are becoming a popular choice among staff members. Chef Tasheena was willing to give our followers a glimpse into the kitchen and a crash course in making this delicious, healthy snack.
1.5 pounds of brussels sprouts, rinsed
3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim the brussels sprouts by cutting off the base of the sprout, then trimming the outer leaves.
3. Mix brussels sprouts in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and minced garlic until all sprouts are evenly coated with the mixture.
4. Spread out the brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and place in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, occasionally checking the color and tenderness of the brussels sprouts. Shake the pan 2-3 times while roasting to make sure brussels sprouts cook evenly.
5. Once crispy on the outside, remove the brussels sprouts from the oven.
6. Enjoy a flavorful but healthy meal!